Experience a New You with a Westchester County Breast Augmentation from Bellava Spa!
Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center of North White Plains, NY is a leading Westchester County cosmetic surgery and medi-spa service provider. Offering a range of surgical and non-surgical treatments – tummy tucks, rhinoplasties, neck lifts, CoolSculpting, Juvaderm, and so much more – we can help you achieve a brand new you!
Of all the services we provide at Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center, breast augmentations are the most commonly requested. This procedure restores the shape, enhances the size, and improves the position of the breasts, creating a more curvaceous and feminine silhouette, so it’s easy to see why so many women seek breast augmentations.
If you’ve been thinking about breast implants, there’s no doubt that you’re wondering what to expect. To help you determine if it’s the right option for you, below, we offer some insightful information about breast augmentations by our North White Plains cosmetic surgeon.
Reasons to Consider Breast Augmentation
The decision to have a breast augmentation requires careful consideration. It’s a surgical procedure that alters your physical appearance, so it’s important that you take the time to decide if it’s the right option for you.
Consider the reasons why you want to alter your breasts. Are your breasts small because of genetics? Has pregnancy and breastfeeding left your chest deflated? Are your breasts misshapen and uneven in size? Have you undergone a mastectomy as a result of cancer? Are your breasts making you feel self-conscious and not as feminine as you would like to feel? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then breast augmentation is a procedure that can certainly benefit you.
Finding a Cosmetic Surgeon
The surgeon you choose will determine the success of your breast augmentation. While there are many doctors that do offer this procedure in the Westchester County area, they aren’t all created equal. To ensure the best results possible, it’s imperative that you choose someone who has received the necessary training, who has vast experience, and who has a stellar reputation.
At Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center, breast augmentations are performed by our lead cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Chang Soo Kim, a renowned surgeon who has years of experience and a proven track record of success.
Dr. Kim is a board-certified plastic surgeon and a graduate of the prestigious Yale Medical School. Over the course of his career, he has successfully performed hundreds of breast augmentations, and the results he delivers are always outstanding. He combines the latest surgical techniques with a level of precision that other cosmetic surgeons simply can’t deliver.
At Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center of North White Plains, NY, the breast augmentation process begins with a private consultation with Dr. Kim. Together, you’ll discuss your unique goals and discuss the different options that are available to you, including saline (salt water), silicone gel, and natural fat transfer implants. Dr. Kim is also one of the only surgeons in the Westchester County area to be certified in the new “Gummy Bear” cohesive gel implants.
Dr. Kim will devise a customized treatment plan, which will be based on your individual needs. This will include the shape, size, and material of your implants, as well as the placement of your implants.
During the Procedure
When you choose Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center of North White Plains, NY for your breast implant surgery, your procedure will be completed at our Joint Commission accredited, state-of-the-art, on-site medical suite.
General anesthesia will be administered and your surgery will commence. Generally, breast augmentations take about one to two hours to complete; however, the length of time does vary and depends on the nature of your specific procedure. After inserting your implants and artfully remastering your breasts, you will be taken to a recovery room, where you will be kept comfortable for several hours after your procedure. To facilitate faster healing, Dr. Kim and the staff will fully explain post-surgical care. You will also be given medications to ease any pain you may be experiencing.
The Recovery Process
Once our team of medical experts has confirmed that you are stable and ready to be discharged, you will be able to complete the recovery process in the comfort of your own home. While each patient is different, it usually takes a few weeks to fully recover. Typically, patients report that any pain they experience is significantly reduced with medications and rest; avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activities, especially the first few days after surgery. Due to the advances in modern cosmetic medicine, however, most patients are able to return to work within a few days, depending on their occupation. Do note, however, that you’ll want to take it easy until you are fully recovered; therefore, if your job is physically demanding, you may want to take more time off, or you may want to request light duty.
To ensure your breast augmentation goes as smoothly as possible, we’ve compiled a few tips that will help you prepare for the surgery:
- Make arrangements to have someone drive you home from the procedure; you will not be allowed to drive yourself.
- We recommend having someone stay with you for at least the first full day and night after surgery.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing to the procedure and in the days that follow.
- Take care of any odds and ends that you may not be able to attend t during recover before you have the surgery; for example, tend to any chores, such as cleaning, laundry, or grocery shopping, before you have your breast augmentation.
- As mentioned, do not engage in any heavy lifting or strenuous activities for several weeks after surgery.
- Stay hydrated during recovery; make sure to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
- Many patients report that sitting in an upright position is more comfortable than lying down; especially the first few days following surgery. Therefore, if possible, you may want to take up residence in a location where you can prop yourself up, such as a recliner.
- Have plenty of ice packs on-hand, as they will help to ease swelling and alleviate discomfort following surgery.
Of course, we’ll completely review all of the necessary information that pertains to recover prior to and after your surgery.
Experience a Brand New You at Bellava Spa
For more information about breast augmentations and to discuss the options that are available to you, schedule an appointment with the leading Westchester County plastic surgeon: Dr. Chang Soo Kim of Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center. Call 914-826-8963 today to schedule a private consultation and to find out how a breast augmentation can improve your life!
- Learn more about North White Plains, NY 10603
- Open a North White Plains, NY map
- Find the North White Plains, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby North White Plains, NY pharmacies
- View the current North White Plains, NY weather report
- Browse a list of North White Plains, NY public and private schools
- North White Plains, NY is located in Westchester county in New York State