How to Prepare for a Westchester County Mommy Makeover
You love being a mom, but you’re less-than-thrilled with the toll it’s taken on your body. Despite trying numerous diet plans and exercise routines, you still can’t seem to get that muffin top and back bulge to budge. And, some pregnancy and breastfeeding side effects simply can’t be corrected with diet and exercise, like sagging, deflated breasts, and stretch marks.
There is a way that you can restore your physical appearance after pregnancy. How? – With a mommy makeover! At Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center of Westchester County, our board-certified and extremely skilled plastic surgeon, Dr. Chang Soo Kim, MD, specializes in several cosmetic surgical and non-surgical treatments that target those post-pregnancy trouble areas. We combine these procedures in a single mommy makeover treatment option, which we provide right here, at our state-of-the-art, Joint Commission accredited Port Chester, NY surgery center.
At Bellava, we are dedicated to providing our patients with the best results possible. Knowing what to expect before your treatment so you can properly prepare will ensure your mommy makeover goes as smoothly as possible.
What Issues Does a Mommy Makeover Address?
A mommy makeover involves several surgical and non-surgical procedures that are provided in a single treatment session. At Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center, your mommy makeover will be customized to meet your specific needs; however, generally, this procedure focuses on correcting the most common post-pregnancy issues that many women experience, such as:
- Sagging, deflated breasts
- Loose skin on the abdomen, breasts, flanks, and buttocks
- Fat deposits in the tummy region, back, hips, thighs, and arms
- Stretch marks on the stomach, breasts, buttocks, hips, and thighs
A mommy makeover can restore the shape, size, and position of your breasts, tighten loose skin, remove unwanted fat, erase stretch marks, and enhance the contours of your body. In other words, this procedure can improve your physical appearance by helping you regain your youthful, pre-baby body.
What Procedures Does a Mommy Makeover Entail?
To correct the above-mentioned issues, a mommy makeover involves several procedures. Typically, these procedures include:
- Breast augmentation, which lifts, restores the fullness and improves the symmetry of the breasts.
- Tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck, a procedure that minimizes fat deposits in the tummy, tightens loose skin, and repairs damaged abdominal muscles.
- Sciton Laser Lipo, a minimally invasive body sculpting procedure that removes excess fat in the abdomen, thighs, hips, buttocks, flanks, and arms.
- Laser resurfacing, which involves the use of cutting-edge lasers to erase stretch marks and enhance the appearance of the skin.
Mommy Makeover Consultation: What to Expect
At Bellava MedAesthetics and Plastic Surgery Center of Westchester County, NY, the mommy makeover process begins with a free consultation.
During this consultation, you will sit down with our plastic surgeon, Dr. Kim, and discuss your specific goals. After learning what your goals are, Dr. Kim will perform an evaluation and recommend treatment options that will help you meet your objective.
You should be prepared to discuss the following with Dr. Kim:
- Your problem areas
- The goals you want to achieve
- Your overall health, such as what your diet and exercise routines are like, what your daily activities include, any medical conditions you have been diagnosed with (cardiovascular issues, diabetes, etc.), any allergies you may have, any previous surgeries you’ve had, and what prescription and non-prescription medications you use
- Whether or not you intend on having more children (future pregnancies could potentially negate mommy makeover results)
- The potential complications and risks that you could be exposed to during or after any of the procedures involved in the mommy makeover treatment
- What to expect during the procedure
- How to prepare for recovery
After your initial consultation, Dr. Kim will create a customized treatment plan that will address your specific concerns. He’ll discuss the recommended procedures with you and a date will be set for your mommy makeover.
Where Will the Mommy Makeover Occur?
Your mommy makeover will take place right here, at our Westchester County Joint Commission accredited surgery center. The entire process – pre-operative preparation, surgical and non-surgical treatments, and post-treatment recovery – will occur at our pristine on-site medical suite.
We have all of the tools and technologies needed to perform the procedures that your mommy makeover will entail. All of your needs will be attended to and you will be kept completely comfortable throughout the entire process. Once the procedure has ended, our exceptionally trained, highly skilled, and compassionate staff will review post-operative care tips that will help facilitate faster healing.
How Long Does a Mommy Makeover Take?
Each mommy makeover is different and the procedures involved vary from patient to patient. Therefore, there is no set time period for a mommy makeover. The length of time it will take to complete the procedure depends on the specific treatments you are having; however, with that said, mommy makeovers are completed during a single session, which usually ranges from 3 to 8 hours.
After your mommy makeover, you’ll be able to communicate directly with Dr. Kim. He always makes himself available to his patients and can be easily reached via his cell phone. If you have any questions about recovery or should any complications arise, don’t hesitate to reach out to Dr. Kim.
How Long Does Recovery Take?
Just like every mommy makeover is unique, so is every recovery period. The amount of time it will take you to recover depends on the procedures you had and the state of your health. We recommend no heavy lifting for at least 5 weeks after treatment, and you’ll need to make arrangements to have someone drive you home following the procedure. Additionally, we suggest taking it easy for several weeks after your mommy makeover; engaging in strenuous activities and over-exerting yourself can lead to complications and prolong recovery.
Interested in Learning More About Port Chester Mommy Makeovers?
If you’d like to learn more about the mommy makeover process, contact our Westchester County plastic surgery center and medical spa today! Call 914-826-8963 and we’ll schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kim, who will be more than happy to answer all of your questions.
- Learn more about Port Chester, NY 10573
- Open a Port Chester, NY map
- Find the Port Chester, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Port Chester, NY pharmacies
- View the current Port Chester, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Port Chester, NY public and private schools
- Port Chester, NY is located in Westchester county in New York State